Greatest swimmers of all time

My gym has pretty limited reading material, but I did enjoy the cover story in Men's Journal, which is all kinds of fawning over Olympian Michael Phelps. "Greatest Athlete of All Time" is a hefty tag to stick on anybody, but the case can be made that Phelps is in the running (or swimming) for the title among active athletes. The article concludes that, definitively, Phelps is the world's greatest swimmer and among the best ever.

Let me preface my next observation by saying THIS IS COMPLETELY UNRELATED, but all this talk of great swimmers made me remember up-and-coming music producer Ricky Lackey--an especially...virile...man with a few kids on the way. Courtesy of Celsor.com (which lifts from the Cincinnati Equirer):

When Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Melba Marsh asked Lackey during sentencing Friday on a charge of attempted theft how many children he had, the 25-year-old said, "None, but I have six on the way."

A stunned Marsh tried to clarify. "Are you marrying a woman with six children?" she asked.

"No, I be concubining," he said.

Prosecutors said Lackey is the expectant father of six children with six different women. The women all are expected to deliver in August, September and October.

Yes, let me say again these two tidbits are completely unrelated. However, I just have this nagging feeling that when we discuss feats of great swimming, we can't leave Ricky Lackey out of the debate.

Labels: , ,

posted by Doctor Dribbles @ 09:43,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


link to onlinedegreeadvantage.com
online degree programs guide